Cypress is one of the top QA automation tools. Apart from that, there are other software testing tools in line; read on to find out.
Software testing tools offer the ability to test the performance of the software, promptness, fulfill the requirements of planned testing activities, and advance the pace of product delivery.
As the generation advances, the software also improves. The software is tested during development and afterward to ensure that it is polished as possible before it is made available to the public. As agile transforms the role of QA, new and innovative ways to use tools in the testing process have been evolving.
With numerous software testing tools in the market, it can be challenging to decide which one is right for the organization. Here are ten software testing tools QAs are using in 2021:
Features of Cypress:
- Cross-browser tool
- Network traffic control
- Parallel test execution & load balancing
- Screenshot of failure
- Test run videos
- Consistent results & automatic waiting
Apache JMeter is a java desktop application and an open-source protocol-based framework for testing the functions and behavior of the software applications. It is mainly used for testing web applications along with the testing of the other applications and servers.
Features of Apache JMeter:
- Test planning
- Dynamic HTML reports
- Integration with selenium, database via JDBC
- Web protocol for JAVA, NodeJS, PHP, etc
- Load and performance testing
- LTP, TCP, and the LDAP protocol
- Add-on plugins
TestProject is an end-to-end cross-platform and an open-source friendly tool built on top of Appium and Selenium that enables the QA Engineers to test Web applications with iOS and Android effortlessly.
TestProject includes two different components — Test Recorder, which allows the users to record the tests from UI, and the TestProject SDK, which allows the programmatic development of test cases.
Features of TestProject:
- Distributed test execution
- High-level test parameterization
- Centralized cloud storage
- Page object model with more than one locator for each element
- AI-powered mobile and web test recorder
Katalon Studio is a robust automation tool with a Selenium-based engine. Katalon is created to reuse the automated test scripts without coding for UI. Katalon helps in testing the software better, faster, and launching high-quality software. With Katalon Studio, one can test APIs without additional integrations, unlike with Ranorex and Selenium.
Features of Katalon Studio:
- Quick Script creation time
- Built-in Image-based testing
- Flexibles modes for beginners and professionals
- Cross-Browser application
- Execute multiple tests at once
- Detailed test reports
Features of Appium:
- Web driver protocol for test writing
- Re-usage of code between iOS, Android, and windows test suites
- Cross-platform testing
- Supports multiple programming languages
- No dependencies
Lighthouse by Google is an open-source web performance testing tool used to improve the web page’s web application’s quality. Lighthouse can run an application from any web page. In addition, Lighthouse uses data from google search engines and development practices to carry audits of websites.
Features of Lighthouse:
- Extensive documentation
- High script boot-up time
- Lighthouse cl add-on
- Reference report on the bottleneck
- Accessible in the form of the Node module
Ranorex is one of the easiest and all-in-one tools for test automation. Anyone from novices to experts can build advanced tests for web, desktop, and mobile apps. Ranorex is built on Microsoft’s .NET platform and based on the XPath query language. In addition, the framework supports common programming languages VB.NET and C# and creates custom tests or edit recordings.
Features of Ranorex:
- Cross-browser testing
- Run tests in all the ways
- Functional UI
- Integrates with leading solution
- Robust reporting
Puppeteer is an open-source web testing automation tool that includes all API code snippets and can be integrated with current CI. In addition, a puppeteer helps to control headless chrome and can also be used for non-headless chrome.
Features of Puppeteer:
- Geolocation emulation
- Runs in the cloud, windows, and docker container
- Generates pre-rendered content
- Cross-browser testing
- Device emulation
Avo Assure is a no-code intelligence and heterogeneous test automation solution. One can test end-to-end applications on the web, windows, mobiles, and mainframe without writing the code. The heterogeneous capabilities of Avo Assure save the time, effort, and cost required in installing and downloading a platform-specific plugin for the individual applications.
Features of Avo Assure:
- No code test automation
- Smart scheduling
- Intelligent reports
- Integration with process discovery solution
- Over 40% cost saving achieved
- Test across multiple platforms
- Mind Map to visualize all testing
Playwright JS is an open-source java-based node JS automation for end-to-end testing provided by Microsoft. It can be used for single pages as well as advanced web applications. Playwright JS provides developers and testers with a single API so they can automate their applications.
Features of Playwright JS:
- Cross-browser testing
- Headless browser testing
- Modification of network requests during test scenarios
- Multi-page emulation
- Automate without trade-offs
The product testing result is the most critical factor for its success and performance in the market. QA (Quality Assurance) testing is a process that guarantees that an organization delivers the best products or services it can.
Software testing tools make the work smooth and save a lot of time, and test automation success depends on the effectiveness of the test automation tools. The above software testing tools applications are suitable for beginners and professionals.