In today’s advanced technology era, mobile apps are the best-proven marketing strategy for interacting, engaging, and communicating with customers. Developing an app takes a lot of strategic planning and design, enabling you to get a fully functional mobile app.
1. Why Do I Need A Mobile App When I Have A Website?
Different business nature and objectives demand different things. However, in the era of advanced technology where more than 85% of people use smartphones, mobile apps can be handy and help business owners reach a mass audience.
Reasons why you need both — a website and a mobile app:
- A website is a cost-effective way to reach users; however, a heavily loaded website could create a performance issue, making the users quit midway. On the contrary, having a mobile app will give the users an efficient, handy experience and keep them engaged with your brand in the long run.
- The mobile app adds brand loyalty among the users. It enhances the product visibility in the market by one tap away.
- To give your brand a competitive edge, the mobile app plays a crucial role in better engagement because it provides brands personalized communication to each user and can engage with the users individually in real-time.
2. Which App Will Perform Better — Native, Web, Or Hybrid?
All three apps have their own benefits. The choice is strictly depending upon the nature of your business and requirement.
Pros of Native Apps:
- The native apps are for a specific device platform — either Android or iOS. Native Android is written in Java language, and native iOS written in Objective-C or Swift language.
- The native apps offer a more responsive, reliable, and faster performance experience to the users.
Cons of Native Apps:
- The native app costs more because if you need to reach the mass audience, you need to have an application on both platforms — Android and iOS, therefore need to work on both platforms separately.
- There are few platforms like Xamarin, Google Flutter React Native, which allows cross-platform development, which will perform well on Android and iOS, but it will be time-consuming and add more cost.
Pros of Web App:
- The web app is simple to maintain compared to native and hybrid because, across multiple mobile phones, the web app uses joint code.
- The users don’t need to keep a tap on updates manually. The newest version of the application loads automatically when the user opens the application.
- The web app is comparatively cheaper than a native app.
Cons Of Hybrid Apps:
- It takes a lot of work to get the hybrid apps run appropriately on each platform. If your brand keeps changing the online content, the hybrid app might have performance issues in the long run unless.
- The users need to open the browser to run the app, demanding more steps, such as a bookmark or favorite page. A native Android or iOS app, the software directly appears on the user's home screen.
3. How Much Will My App Cost?
There is no fixed rate of mobile app development. There are various factors involved in app development that collectively influence the final cost of the app. Factors such as:
- App purpose and functionality - depending upon business nature.
- Integration points with the third party, such as payment accepted via Paypal or Credit/Debit Card or Cryptocurrency or any other.
- Mobile platforms — iOS or Android or both.
- Visual objects and hardware features such as GPS, augmented reality, etc.
- App maintenance schedule—quarterly or semi-annually, or annually.
4. How Much Time Will It Take To Complete?
Generally, it takes around four to five months to finish the app. At the same time, some technical apps can take a longer time, depending upon the nature of business.
5. Which Testing Will Give A Better Result — Manual Or Automated?
- Manual testing is traditional human-based testing that needs more time and might have errors unless an expert runs it.
- Automated testing is done by a software tool. Hence it saves time and is more reliable.
- Manual testing is good for featuring new products from different perspectives as it allows to examine the details that would otherwise miss in automated testing.
- Automated testing is more cost-effective for large-scale projects; even though the investment will initially be more, the ROI will be more satisfactory in the long run.
6. Do I Need Push Notifications Services?
- Push notification is the best marketing winning strategy and helps to track actionable metrics such as user behavior.
- Push notification serves as the most reliable communication channel, which allows the company to convey a quick message about offers, coupons, last-minute deals, or anything that keeps customers engaged.
- Push notification keeps the customer updated, entertained, and interested. But too many notifications can irk the customer; hence it is advisable to have not more than two notifications per day.
7. What Are The Post-App Launch Effective Strategies That I Need To Maintain?
- Be active on social media because it is the ultimate way for a brand to connect with a mass audience.
- Encouraging the users to review the app.
- Launch referral marketing and work with influencers to spread the word.
- Conduct weekly or fortnight giveaways. It will attract more people and make sure the giveaway speaks to the brand commitment.
- Discount coupons for those who downloaded the app for the first time.
Mobile apps are the best-proven marketing strategy method. It is a great opportunity to engage with customers and sell your product or services. Therefore, developing a mobile app needs careful planning and focus in order to get a seamless customer experience.